Our bid consultancy services are comprehensively tried and tested. We work extensively with corporate clients and their in-house writing professionals to produce exceptionally high quality, winning proposals – in areas of business as diverse as legal services, ICT and defence.
- We work cross-organisationally where required – providing highly effective, flexible Bid Management Services which are delivered in line with agreed deliverables and timelines.
- Our Consultants work both on client premises and remotely as necessary – with Work Plans agreed in advance of project start.
- We provide electronic document sharing and version control technologies where required.
- We support clients with build of delivery partnerships, detailed business transformation and supply chain planning – in readiness to deliver bids comprehensively and without delay when won.
- We provide a Fit2Bid?® pre-bid readiness diagnostic service. This market-leading product assigns critical bid success factors to the client’s business, identifies gaps and flags any necessary actions to be taken in advance of bidding. Fit2Bid?® is a registered trademark owned by Carrley® Business.
- We provide best practise analysis of past bids, through which substantial and sustainable improvements in success rates are quickly achieved.
- We undertake compliance and high score reviews of client policies, procedures and working practices.
“We needed to evaluate our effectiveness in respect of responding to major ITTs. Were we applying best practice? Did we qualify tenders so as to identify likely winners? How certain were we that we understood the needs and requirements of the funding body? Were we demonstrating value for money?
These and many other questions were in my mind when I sought external professional advice. After assessing three potential consultancies, Carrley Business Consulting were by far the most impressive. An immediate rapport was established with them, together with an understanding of our business needs. The evaluation process was quick and effective and the workshops and best practice checklists were of immediate benefit and applicability. A first rate job.”
The public sector market
The UK market offers tremendous opportunities, despite on-going reductions in public spending.
Spend across the public sector currently stands at £236 billion – including Central Government, Local Authorities, the NHS and that of other public bodies.
There remain therefore valuable contracts to be won via competitive tendering/ bidding. There is also an emphasis on small-to-medium- businesses (SMEs) winning a proportion of these (-presently the target is 25%).
Other changes to open up the procurement market include the use of frameworks or dynamic purchasing systems that do not lock suppliers out of contracts for up to 4 years. These bring increased competition and further opportunities for SMEs.
Whilst public sector business remains hard to win, the rewards can be substantial – in the form of new and stable, ongoing revenue streams – with invoices paid promptly.
Given the depth and breadth of opportunities and changes we have mentioned above, it has never been more important to appoint the right bid writing consultancy.